Greetings fellow travelers!! With the Memorial Day weekend upon us we have officially started the camping season. This is a great time of year and like millions of other people we can’t wait to hit the road.
I previously wrote a blog listing 10 budget friendly items that we have personally used, and in most cases, continue to use during our camping adventures. In this blog we will list some excellent items that we use around the campsite and inside our RV.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Meaning, if you click on any of the links below and make a purchase I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I only recommend products that I currently use or have used in the past.
As noted in the disclaimer above, we only recommend products we have personally used or continue to use. These items have enhanced our camping experience and we hope they can do the same for others as well.
- Weber Q2200 Gas Grill – We use this grill for almost everything we cook. It has a good size cooking area and cooks food nice and even. There is also a smaller version which you can find here.
- Folding Storage Ottoman – One of the most important parts of any RV is storage. These dual purpose cube ottomans offer not only a place to put your feet up but also a place to store gadgets or other items. And as if that’s not good enough, flip over the top and you have a little coffee table. We like them so much we bought two of them.
- Schumacher SJ1289 1200 Peak Amp 12V Jump Starter and Air Compressor – We originally purchased this item so we could plug in the brake assist system for our tow vehicle. It allowed us to have the system run independently from the vehicle’s battery and avoid it going dead. But what we got was an air compressor, jump starter and a charging station for our gadgets. We took a two week road trip and ran our brake assist through it for over 2000 miles and never came close to having to recharge the battery.
- Instant Pot – This is just a great item. We love to slow cook food but time is not always on our side. The Instant Pot gives you slow cooked food in record time. Not only is it camping friendly because of its multi use options, but it stores easy too.
- Lodge Cast Iron 5 Piece Bundle – I am a big fan of cast iron cooking. Something about cooking on cast iron just makes food taste better. This set will give you everything you need to get started.
- Ninja 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker – One of the best parts about camping is when you get up in the morning and go outside in the fresh air with a cup of coffee. This coffee maker makes delicious coffee to enhance that experience.
- Preferred Nation Folding Table – Every campsite needs a folding table. We use ours daily to sit around for meals or to put drinks and snacks on when we are hanging outside of the RV. This table has drink holders and plenty of space to put everything.
- Folding Step Stool – RVs are notorious for having cabinets up higher and usually over some sort of furniture that can make access difficult. We purchased this step stool. It folds up and can be put away out of sight.
- IRIS Medium Elevated Feeder with Airtight Storage – Our dog goes with us on every camping trip. After kicking over a few water bowls, we discovered this item. It gives you an airtight place to store pet food and elevates the food and water bowls off the ground. Works great inside and outside of the RV.
- Happy Campers Custom Campsite Flag – Personalize your campsite with this custom campsite flag. You can personalize the text to your liking and make your campsite inviting.
We hope you are able to find something on this list that will enhance your camping experience.
If you have any gadgets or items that you enjoy in your travels, please leave a note in the comments below. We are always interested in new products or ideas.
Have a happy Memorial Day and safe travels!!